Are you ready for the Spring quilt show season? Here in our AQS office, the quilt show staff is busy preparing for the spring AQS Quilt Shows in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and in Paducah, Kentucky.
The Lancaster AQS Quilt Show, March 16 - 19, is in the heart of Amish country, where you can spend four wonderful days at a national AQS Quilt Show, take an Amish buggy ride, and visit other Amish attractions in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country.
* All quilts and vendors are at the Lancaster County Convention Center this year.
* Park at the Burle Business Park for $7 (that includes shuttle service to/from the convention center).
* It is EASY to register -
____ Book your hotel room online, or call toll free: 800-723-8824
If you need help in registering, watch this video where Marcelle Cashon, Education Coordinator, walks you through the registration website.
Contestants: Letters have been sent notifying quilters who entered the Lancaster Quilt Contest. It's going to be a great show. Good luck to all of the contestants. Someone will win that $10,000 Best of Show award!
The 27th Annual AQS Quilt Show, April 27 - 30, is held at the Paducah Expo and Convention Center and the Pavilion (near the Convention Center).
* The quilt exhibits are in the Paducah Expo Center, both levels of the Convention Center, and the Pavilion. The city is tearing down the Executive Inn but the Expo and Convention Centers will still be there for us to use.
* Vendors are located in the Paducah Expo Center, both levels of the Convention Center, the Pavilion, and the AQS Vendors on Kentucky in the Finkel Building (home of the AQS "Hurt" Book Sale).
* Parking is available at the Convention Center (with more parking available in the Executive Inn area), downtown parking lots, and additional parking with shuttle service at Carson Park.
* Participating hotels provide shuttle service to/from the Convention Center - check with your hotel to make sure they are providing this service.
It is EASY to register for Paducah too:
____ Book your room - check hotel availability on the Paducah Visitors Bureau site or ask about the AQS Home Bed & Breakfast (stay in a private home) on February 1 on their website or by calling 1-800-PADUCAH
____ Register online for workshops, lectures, and special events, or call 270-898-7903
____ Purchase admission to the show online, or call 270-898-7903
Contestants: The deadline has passed for entering the Paducah quilt show. The quilts will be juried in February and contestants will be notified in March.
See you soon in Lancaster and Paducah!