There are just a few more days until the March 1 deadline for the AQS "It's In the Bag" Contest.
Don't have a pattern for a tote bag - then just click here to find free patterns in any style you might want to make.
The rules are simple:
1. You may enter up to three bags; all bags will be donated to The National Quilt
Museum for their annual auction held during the AQS Quilt Show in Paducah.
2. Entry should be made of fabric and include some quiltmaking techniques (piecing,
appliqué, quilting); other materials can be added to fit the theme of the bag.
3. The bag must be functional and be a minimum of 6” square; any size (6” x 6” or
larger) or any shape (square, rectangular, round, half-round, triangular, hexagon or
other shapes) can be submitted.
4. Handles, if included, can be made from fabric or can be purchased hardware.
Zippers, feet, and other hardware can be added.
5. Complete bag(s) and entry form must be received by AQS or postmarked by
March 1, 2011.
Download the rules here.