The National Quilt Museum celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.
Do you have the museum on your schedule while you are attending the AQS Quilt Show, April 27–30?
Here are some of the special activities going on at the Museum during Quilt Show week:
20th Anniversary Fabric: MODA Fabrics has designed a beautiful line of fabrics especially for the Museum. "Dogwood Trail, Sentimental Studios" will be available in four colorways and matching blender designs - you will be able to get this fabric exclusively at the Museum's Gift Shop during the show (it will be in fabric stores in late summer). MODA is donating a portion of the proceeds from the Dogwood Trail Collection to the Museum.
Exhibits at the Museum to View during the Quilt Show:
- 20 Quilts for 20 Years: The museum’s quilt collection, which began with 85 quilts in 1991, has expanded to more than 300 quilts. Twenty additional quilts will be unveiled during this year's 20th Anniversary Celebration.
- Celebration!: The Studio Art Quilt Associates (SAQA) made these quilts to celebrate the Museum's 20th anniversary
- New Quilts from an Old Favorite 2011: Orange Peel: The 18 semi-finalists in the Museum's annual New Quilts from an Old Favorite Contest
- The Color Orange: Antique Quilts from the Pilgrim Roy Collection
- The National Quilt Museum Collection Quilts: The main gallery features a selection of quilts from the Museum's Collection
- “Oh, Wow!” Miniature Quilt Collection
Watch for the next blog about all of the fun events that will be happening at the Quilt Museum during the AQS Quilt Show.