Wednesday, June 16, 2010
You can view or print the registration guide online, or click here to just see the Class Directory of all of the special events, lectures and workshops at this year's Des Moines AQS Quilt Show.
Our quilt show staff has been busy preparing a fun week for you in Des Moines. Don't miss these special events with some internationally-known personalities:
* Kick off your week at the show by attending The Quilter's Link at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, when staff from the Greater Des Moines Visitors Bureau, Iowa Events Center and AQS give you information to make the most of your week - around the city, the convention center and the show.
* Eleanor Burns: Quilt Block on American Barns at 7 p.m. on Wednesday - See what our favorite farmer's daughter is up to now as she pays tribute to rural America's Barn Quilt Blocks.
* If you've ever wondered what's involved with writing a quilt book, learn the ins and outs from four AQS authors: Jean Biddick, Joe Cunningham, Kimberly Einmo and Zena Thorpe, moderated by Andi Reynolds, AQS Executive Book Editor - it's all at 5 p.m. on Thursday.
* Joe Cunningham shares the life of Joseph Hedley, the original Joe the Quilter, who lived in England from 1750 to 1830 through quilts and songs at 7 p.m. on Thursday
* Jim Shore, internationally renowned artist and creator of the Heartwood Creek collectibles will appear at 2 p.m. on Friday for a signing event of his collectibles and book, A Passion for Quilts, in The National Quilt Museum's booth inside the exhibit hall.
* At 7 p.m. on Friday, attend An Evening with Jim Shore and learn about the artist Jim Shore and how he came to include quilts in his work.
* Are you addicted to quilting? Learn the symptoms at Brunch with Flavin Glover at 9 a.m. on Saturday. Treatment goals include elimination of dishes, redefining the meaning of clean, and finding time to quilt. :)
* Learn many techniques at the All-Star Review at 1 p.m. on Saturday when the instructors each demonstrate a different technique - you'll receive a booklet with handouts from each instructor.
Advanced registration is recommended as many classes fill very quickly. You can register by mailing the Registration Form to AQS, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42003, by faxing the form to 270-898-1173, or click here to register online. Telephone registration will not open until July 28.
To book your hotel room, click here for a listing of the hotels that have given special rates to the AQS Quilt Show attendees. Call the hotel directly to book your room, and be sure to tell them you are attending the AQS Quilt Show.
Make your plans now to attend the 3rd Annual AQS Quilt Show in Des Moines, Iowa.